Preparing for a School Visit
I look forward to working with your students. Here
are a few suggestions to make the visit great:
- If your school has one, please have an overhead
projector ready. If you do not have one please let me know ahead
- For the slideshow presentation I bring my
own projector and laptop.
I will need:
- a cart or table to put my laptop and projector
- an extension cord with at least 2 outlets
- table to display my books and props
- Gym, library or resource room is a good setting
for a large group presentation. Please make sure room can be darkened.
- I kindly request that classroom teachers
remain present during the presentation and take part in the presentation
if at all possible. This has a positive influence on the students
behavior and allows for more in-depth follow-up after the presentation.
- For writing workshops, a classroom setting
or library with tables and chairs is fine. Students will need paper
and pencils. An overhead projector is needed.
- If I’m in your school for a full day
please count on me for lunch.
- Handouts: I will bring several handouts that
you might want to photocopy for sharing: coloring sheets of 3 different
books and a teacher’s guide for A Mountain Alphabet.
- I will happily sign any books your school
or students might want autographed.
- Please have payment ready on that day of
the visit, unless other arrangements have been made prior to the
visit. If your school requires an invoice or paperwork to be done,
please let me know beforehand.
Looking forward to getting your students excited
for the Author Visit to your School (40Kb PDF)
Home About Margriet Books For Teachers For Readers School Visits Conferences Blog Contact